Tuesday, July 3, 2007

4th of July, well almost

I have very fond memories of the 4th of July as a kid. Most of the time the "good" fireworks were illegal, but one year they weren't. Man did we go overboard that year! The next year they were once again illegal, it was actually a good lesson on the "legal" system for me as a kid as it has stuck with me all these years.

Oh you know there had to be a wedding tie in someplace. The Hope Island Inn in LaConner shoots off fireworks at the end of your reception. Really spectacular ending to very beautiful location!

I had two wonderful events this past weekend, a 50th Birthday party for a really great family (a football game even broke out) and Jeremy (my other assistant) helped me with a wedding ceremony and reception on Sunday. Ali and Josh (the Bride and Groom) have know each other since First Grade! Very, very cool. I really enjoyed getting to know Ali's folks as they were very involved in the planning. They were all so happy at the end of the night!

The wedding felt a little like a reunion of some of my favorite wedding vendors. Sharon and Dallas were there from Sharon's Cakes (Sharon made Madi's First Birthday Cake), Craig Larson was the photographer (I am working with Craig's son this weekend) and Barbara Guyll of Weddings! Weddings! Weddings! was the wedding coordinator. We had a lot of fun and it was a wonderful day!

7/7/07 is coming up quick, will the whole country be at a wedding that day? It will be an amazing day for me! More later. . .

No comments: